I’m going to start by being 100% real with you – I hate my fine hair. Not only do they look and feel thin, but my hair is entirely body-less. It makes it a struggle to enjoy literally any type of hairstyle, whether I’m going straight or curly. And by the way, curls are almost impossible.
But I’ve learned to deal. Why hate any part of you, especially something you can’t change? While my fine strands might not be my BFF, I’ve found certain things to help me achieve gorgeous, full-bodied locks. One easy way is with hair extensions for fine hair.
I am a massive fan of the Munx Clip in Hair Extensions. There are so many beautiful color options to choose from, and they’re entirely styleable. They’re easy to use and can recreate my whole look in a flash.
However, I know that every fine-haired gal has different needs. So, I came up with a top 5 list to turn your hair from frail, fragile, and failing to fun, fetching, and full-bodied.
- Who Should Get This?
- The Best Hair Extensions for Fine Hair Reviewed
- 1. Munx Clip in Hair Extensions (Best Clip-In Hair Extensions)
- 2. Aison Tape in Hair Extensions (Best Tape-In Hair Extensions)
- 3. SARLA Curly Synthetic Halo Hair Extensions (Best Halo Extension)
- 4. REECHO Thick 2PCS Updo Messy Hair Bun (Best Messy Bun Extension)
- 5. LaaVoo Micro Ring Tipped Remy Human Hair (Best Micro-Ring Extensions)
- Best Hair Extensions for Fine Hair: What to Consider
- Final Thoughts
Who Should Get This?
Any woman that is struggling with fine hair should consider getting hair extensions. The main reason is that hair extensions will give you more body, and any fine-haired lady like myself knows this is critical.
So if you’re in the market to transform your look, consider hair extensions for fine hair.
The Best Hair Extensions for Fine Hair Reviewed
If you are ready to ditch your fine locks and indulge in a glamorous, thick mane, then keep reading. I’ve searched high and low to find the top 5 best hair extensions for fine hair that are sure to WOW!
1. Munx Clip in Hair Extensions (Best Clip-In Hair Extensions)
When it comes to clip-in hair extensions for fine hair, these beauties from Munx have you covered. They’re available in 15” to 22” and have a wide range of colors to choose from, from a rich chocolate brown to striking platinum blonde.
Each hair extension is designed using 100% Remy human hair, so you can rest assured your fake hair looks as real as it feels. The clips are crafted with a double weft to ensure minimal shedding and comfort, even during all-day wear.
The package comes with seven clips total, weighing 70 grams. Now, this might be enough for some gals, but for those with super-fine and thin locks, two packs are recommended. Don’t worry, though. Even though these extensions are high-quality, buying two won’t break the bank.
- Made with 100% Remy human hair.
- Seven pieces weighing 70 grams.
- Lots of natural hair colors to choose from.
- Double wefted for security and comfort.
- Lengths 15 to 22 inches available.
2. Aison Tape in Hair Extensions (Best Tape-In Hair Extensions)
Want a semi-permanent option? Let me introduce you to the Aison Tape-In Hair Extensions. Available in lengths ranging from 16” to 24”, it’s a cinch to find the size that’s right for you. Plus, they have a wide range of colors, including edgy hues like bright blue and bubblegum.
As far as hair quality is concerned, these tape-ins utilize only 100% Remy human hair with a grade of 7A. They last for an impressive eight weeks with proper care and can be entirely styled with heat up to 350 degrees F.
The package comes with 20 pieces for superior customization. However, the package only comes with 30 grams of hair total. To my fellow fine-haired beauties, do yourself a favor and buy more than one pack.
- Made with 100% Remy human hair.
- 20 pieces for customization.
- Lots of hair colors to choose from, including edgy shades.
- Can be applied in as little as 30 minutes.
- Lasts up to 8 weeks with proper care.
- Entirely styleable using heat up to 350 degrees F.
- Only 30 grams of hair. Fine-haired gals will need to buy more than one pack.
3. SARLA Curly Synthetic Halo Hair Extensions (Best Halo Extension)
Don’t want to struggle with clips or tape? I don’t blame you. Well, if you’re looking for an ease of application that will provide your fine locks with some volume, these are it. They come in 12” to 18,” and there’s a lot of colors to choose from, even teal, salmon, and gray!
Now, this halo hair extension for fine hair is made with a synthetic material instead of human hair. Don’t panic. Although synthetic, it can still handle heat up to 350 degrees F so that you can style to your heart’s content.
- Made with high-quality synthetic material.
- Can handle heat up to 350 degrees F.
- Easy to apply.
- Comes in a wide range of colors, including natural and unnatural hues.
- Only a single piece weighing 3.7 ounces. Fine hair will require more than one halo.
4. REECHO Thick 2PCS Updo Messy Hair Bun (Best Messy Bun Extension)
Anyone else struggle with never being able to put together the perfect messy bun? With fine hair, it ends up looking scraggly and anything but trendsetting. Well, you can finally put those ugly bun days to rest. With a clip-in messy bun, you can finally reach Pinterest-worthy styles.
The REECHO Messy Hair Bun extension comes with two pieces to recreate your look. They simply slide on top of your hair tie, instantly transforming. They’re made with matt synthetic hair and can create several looks from buns to ponytails, half up-dos to side ponies.
- Applies instantly over hair tie.
- Comes in a wide variety of shades, including black, blue, blonde, and more.
- Two pieces to instantly transform your updos and half updos.
5. LaaVoo Micro Ring Tipped Remy Human Hair (Best Micro-Ring Extensions)
Now, for my fine-haired queens who like to keep it old school with the micro-rings, let me introduce you to the LaaVoo Micro Ring hair extensions for fine hair. These beauties are made of high-quality Remy human hair and have no tangles and no sheddings.
Completely styleable, these micro-rings come with an undetectable micro ring that blends with hair naturally – yes, even fine hair will be able to handle these micro-rings. The package comes with 50 grams of hair, whether you’re getting 14”, 16”, 18”, 20”, or 22”, so buy two.
- Made with 100% Remy human hair.
- Undetectable micro-rings blend easily.
- Last for several weeks and can be reused for months.
- Available in a wide range of colors and lengths.
- Fifty grams of hair total.
Best Hair Extensions for Fine Hair: What to Consider
I know, I know – you’re excited and want to get shopping right away. I don’t blame you. Finally, being able to create a charming, full-bodied hairstyle is exciting. But not all hair extensions are the same. Take these five things into consideration before making your purchase.
Type of Hair Extensions
If you’re brand new to the world of hair extensions, the first thing you need to know is that there are different types of hair extensions. For the sake of this blog, we will take a quick look at these options:
- Clip-ins. These are a temporary solution for full-bodied locks. With clip-ins, you have complete control over where you place the hair. Plus, you can take them out to sleep. Most are fully styleable. Ringlets for date night, anyone?
- Tape-ins. Tape-in hair extensions are a bit more permanent, lasting a few weeks at a time. The hair can be reused for up to a year (most of the time). All you need to do is have them adjusted every few weeks for the best results.
- Micro-ring. Micro-rings are, without a doubt, the most permanent solution. Most of the time, they can last several weeks up to a few months. The downside, though, is that they take quite a while to install.
- Halo. Halo hair extensions are relatively new but rising in popularity. They’re also a temporary gig. Simply place the “halo” of hair around the crown and lay some hair on top. This type of extension can apply in literally seconds.
Type of Hair
Another thing to consider is the type of hair being used. Remy? Human? Synthetic? The best option is 100% Remy human hair. It provides the most natural appearance and softest feel.
However, synthetic is far less expensive, and as long as it is a high-quality synthetic, there should not be a problem with appearance or texture.
Texture of Hair
The texture is also important. Wavy-haired chicks should opt for hair extensions that already come with a wave. This will help to save on styling time. Straight-haired ladies like myself should go with a straight texture.
Remember, almost all hair extensions are styleable and customizable. So, if you want to spruce up your locks with some curls or crimps, you can do so. Just make sure you pay attention to the amount of heat the hair can handle to avoid breakage!
Weight/Amount of Hair
Ladies, do not forget to check the amount of hair! Weight is described in ounces or grams. The higher the number, the more hair you get. Someone struggling with fine hair will most of the time need a hair extension package with a high weight to satisfy their needs.
Last but not least, consider length. If you’re going for something all-natural, try and find extensions that closely match your current hair length. If you’re like me and want to wow the crowd with suddenly long locks, then go for the gold and opt for 20, 22, or 24 inches.
While fine hair might be difficult to manage and create elaborate, volumized locks, it doesn’t mean your hairstyling days are destined for failure. With the right hair extension, you can transform your fine locks and create a hairstyle that turns heads.
I love the Munx Clip in Hair Extensions because it comes with a lot of hair. It’s easy to find the right length and color, too, and I love that they’re made with human hair. However, any of these top 5 extensions are sure to get you a look you will love.