Short hair, don’t care! For my babes out there rocking a short hairdo, this one’s for you. Whether you’re trying to fix a way-too-short quarantine haircut or simply want to add a little volume to your bob, you’ve come to the right place.
I’m sharing my top six picks when it comes to the best hair extensions for short hair. I’ll start by giving a shout out to the MY-Lady Clip in 100% Remy Human Hair Extensions, my number one pick for short-haired beauties. They’re high-quality and come in tons of lengths and shades.
If you’re ready to enhance your short hair vibes, keep reading. I have six picks to suit any girl’s needs, whether you’re a braided beauty or need something to add extra tousle to your updo.
- Who Should Get This?
- Best Hair Extensions for Short Hair: Top Picks 2022
- 1. MY-Lady Clip in 100% Remy Human Hair Extensions (Best Clip-Ins)
- 2. Full Shine Fashion Tape Hair Extensions (Best Tape-Ins)
- 3. S-noilite Clip in Short Hair Piece (Best Super-Short Clip-Ins)
- 4. Leeven Pre-twisted Passion Twist Crochet Hair (Best Crochet Hair)
- 5. VIOLET Hair Beauty Short (Best Wavy or Curly Weave)
- 6. HMD Tousled Updo Messy Bun (Best Ponytail Extensions)
- Best Hair Extensions for Short Hair: What to Consider in 2022
- Final Thoughts
Who Should Get This?
Girls with short hair that want to add length, volume, or both, should consider hair extensions for short hair. You can add a little more depth by opting for a size that matches your natural hair. Or, you can go a bit longer to feel out a lengthier mane for a bit.
Best Hair Extensions for Short Hair: Top Picks 2022
Okay, my short-haired sugars. Are you ready to get styling? I have picked out six different options for transforming your short hairstyle. I have highlighted the pros and cons, so it’s easy to find the short hair extensions of your dreams. Let’s get shopping!
1. MY-Lady Clip in 100% Remy Human Hair Extensions (Best Clip-Ins)
I love, love, love these clip-in extensions for my short-haired girls out there. Why? Because they come in a wide range of sizes, so even those with short 8” bobs can utilize these clips. They’re made entirely of 100% Remy human hair, making them feel and look stunning.
Aside from looking and feeling natural, these clip-ins come without cut ends for ultimate customization. With an extra 2cm of hair, you can get the precise length and cut you prefer. These extensions can be entirely styled, washed, and reused for up to 12 months.
- Short as 8” available.
- Variety of shades, including brown, black, blonde, wine, and white.
- Made with 100% Remy human hair.
- Uncut; extra 2cm allows for precise blending.
- Fully styleable using up to 356 degrees F and washable.
- Eight pieces, 65 grams of hair.
2. Full Shine Fashion Tape Hair Extensions (Best Tape-Ins)
Tape-ins are an excellent semi-permanent solution to adding volume, body, and length. With these tape-ins from Full Shine, the shortest length is 10 inches. However, they have an impressive amount of shades, including edgy red, teal, and purple.
These tape-ins are crafted using 100% Remy human hair, which means beautiful blending and completely customizable. Wash, curl, straighten, and more, without worrying about shedding and tangling.
What’s the most significant benefit of these tape-ins? They outlast the competition. With proper hair care, these tape-ins can last an incredible 14 weeks without replacement. All you need to do is replace the tape every four weeks to stay inline with your natural hair growth.
- Tape-ins last up to 14 weeks; retape every 4.
- Variety of shades, including edgier hues like red, teal, and purple.
- Made with 100% human hair.
- Fully customizable.
- Thirty grams of hair total.
- The shortest length is 10”.
- It might not be enough for thin-haired girls.
3. S-noilite Clip in Short Hair Piece (Best Super-Short Clip-Ins)
For my pixie-haired prima donnas out there, this one’s for you. The S-noilite Clip-In Short Hair Piece comes with a length as short as 4 inches, perfect for adding some extra styling into your posh pixie cut.
You will enjoy 100% Remy human hair that is silky smooth and blends well. Each weft comes with two anti-slip clips, and they are entirely invisible, which means you can enjoy fuller locks without the fear of being “caught” in the extension act.
- Super short 4” available.
- One-piece, 8.2 grams of hair.
- Natural hues from jet black to platinum blonde.
- Made with 100% human hair.
- Thinner locks will need more than one piece.
4. Leeven Pre-twisted Passion Twist Crochet Hair (Best Crochet Hair)
Is there anything more beautiful than a passion twist? No, but a passion twist with extra volume certainly makes us jump for joy. If you’re looking for extensions to enhance your passion twist hairstyle, consider these from Leeven.
These 12-inch wonders come in packs of 2 or 7, depending on your needs. There are eight shades available, from dark to light, and everything in-between. These extensions utilize the simple crochet method and feel and smell delightful.
- 12-inch packs available with 2 or 7 pieces.
- Beautiful passion twists in a variety of shades.
- Feels natural and smooth.
- Cannot handle high heat.
- May not be short enough for some women.
5. VIOLET Hair Beauty Short (Best Wavy or Curly Weave)
Giving off Rihanna vibes with your wavy bob? Then you need a set of extensions that will complete your look and leave you runway-ready, honey. I love these short clip-ins because they are offered in wavy and curly options, and the texture is simply flawless.
Each clip-in is designed using only 100% unprocessed human hair in 8A quality. Yas! The hair can be permed, curled, straightened, bleached, and more. Each package comes with six bundles of 30 grams, and you can choose between red, brown, black, blonde, and more.
- Gorgeous curly or wavy texture.
- Lovely shades to choose from.
- Made with 100% unprocessed human hair.
- Fully styleable and customizable.
- Six bundles, 30 grams of hair total.
6. HMD Tousled Updo Messy Bun (Best Ponytail Extensions)
I had short hair once. It wasn’t for me, to be honest, but it’s so cute on other girls. But with that said, when I had short hair, my ponytails lacked. And I am a ponytail fanatic. That is why I had to add a ponytail extension to this list.
Now, you can make trendsetting ponies no matter how short your locks are. I love these extensions because they have the right amount of tousle to keep you looking fun and stylish. Plus, they’re fully adjustable to ensure they fit atop anyone’s elastic.
- Tremendous amount of natural shades available.
- Easy to use – install in seconds.
- Fully adjustable to situate over elastic hair ties.
- Flirty tousle for added volume and body.
- Not the best synthetic material.
Best Hair Extensions for Short Hair: What to Consider in 2022
Now, before you dive into the world of hair extensions for short hair, there are a few things to consider. This will ensure that you get the extensions that are right for you and your specific needs. Let’s dive in.
Perhaps the most important thing to consider is the hair length. Do you want something that will blend in with your natural hair, or are you trying to put a little extra length in there? Everyone will have their own needs as far as size is concerned.
Another essential thing to consider is the extension type. I’ve listed four different types you should know about:
- Clip-ins. Temporary solution for volumized and longer locks.
- Tape-ins. A semi-permanent option that can last for up to 8 weeks at a time.
- Crochet. This type of extension is suitable for those with cornrows, as the hair is looped underneath the cornrows using a hook and secure.
- Extension ponytail. An extension ponytail is precisely how it sounds – it is used only for extending a ponytail. These extensions fit right over any elastic hair tie in seconds.
Girl, please get the right hair color. There are a lot of options, so it shouldn’t be too difficult. This will save you so much time. After all, who wants to buy hair, only finding out you need to dye or bleach it? No, thanks. Try and find a hair color that closely matches your own.
I love a good short haircut, whether it’s a demure bob or a contemporary pixie. Whatever short hair means to you, there is nothing wrong with adding a little more volume and pizazz here and there, and the best way to do it is with extensions.
My favorite hair extensions for short hair are the MY-Lady Clip in 100% Remy Human Hair Extensions. I love the quality and the colors to choose from, and most short-haired beauties will be a-okay with the 8-inch length.
However, you can’t go wrong with any extensions on this list. Give yourself a trendsetting ponytail with a ponytail extension, or add eye-catching bounce with a wavy weave.