You want long, lustrous hair that’s full-bodied and turns heads, right? I don’t blame you. Who wouldn’t want a full head of silky, gorgeous locks? The best way to achieve this is with hair extensions.
But with so many types of hair extensions on the market, how do you know which one is right for you?
If you’re on the hunt for hair extensions, you’ve likely seen the term “u-tip”. Also referred to as hot fusion tips, u-tips are incredibly popular.
But what are these famous extensions, and should you jump on the u-tip wagon? Let’s discuss, ladies.
What Are U-Tipped Hair Extensions
It’s pretty simple. A u-tip hair extension is an extension with a U on one end, which created the name u-tip.
The application method involves heating the U to your natural strands of hair, which is why it can also be referred to as a hot fusion hair extension.
Also Read: Best U-Tip Hair Extensions
How Are U-Tip Hair Extensions Applied?
The application method for u-tips is pretty straightforward, which is just one of the many reasons this method is so immensely popular. To apply u-tips, a hairstylist will do the following:
- First, the hair is washed using a clarifying shampoo. This is necessary to get rid of any type of buildup that could get in the way of the application process. Essentially, u-tip hair extensions need a blank slate to work with.
- Hair is then thoroughly dried.
- Next, the u-tips are applied using a hot fusion applicator. You will get equal amounts of the natural mane and the u-tip. Secure the u-tip at the hairline and use a hot fusion applicator to melt the keratin into the strands.
- Roll the keratin around the strands. When the keratin is cooled off but not dried, roll the keratin around the strands with a secure closure from top to bottom.
- Continue with the rest of the mane.
Yup, that’s it. The entire process, done by a professional, should take anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half long.
Here is a great video showing how u-tips are applied:
How Long Do U-Tip Hair Extensions Last?
With proper installation and case, u-tip hair extensions can easily last up to four months at a time. Again, this is another reason why u-tips are sought after.
The installation process only takes around an hour, and you get four months of wear! Well worth the time in the salon chair.
What Are The Benefits of U-Tips?
There are a lot of benefits to going the u-tip route. Here are just a few:
- U-tips are gentle on hair. As long as the u-tips are applied properly and taken care of, they’re fairly gentle on the hair. However, since heat is used, it’s not recommended for those with dry or brittle locks. They also shouldn’t be left on for longer than suggested, or they can cause adverse effects.
- They’re long-lasting. This is one of the biggest reasons why women go the u-tip route. With up to 4 months of wear, you don’t have to worry about fussing around with hassling clips or beads. Just enjoy long, flowing locks!
- Blends seamlessly. U-tips are designed to be undetectable. Not only are they placed strategically, but once applied, the u-tips turn clear and unnoticeable. That said, you can enjoy an entirely seamless and glamorous look, and nobody will know how you did it.
- Can be used on shorter locks. Rocking a pixie haircut but want more body? Don’t worry. While some hair extensions can’t be used on short hair because they will be visible, the same isn’t true for fascinating u-tips.
- Style like your real mane. Heading out to a party and need curls? Don’t hesitate to curl your mane – extensions included. U-tip hair extensions are most commonly applied using human hair that is 100% styleable and customizable.
- Sleep and shower with them on, too. Basically, u-tips will be a great addition to your natural tresses and can be treated as such. You will enjoy sleeping and showering with your u-tips with no discomfort. Just make sure you take extra precautions beforehand to keep them in tip-top condition.
- No maintenance is required. Other hair extension types require regular trips to the stylist. U-tips do not. This saves you time and money, and I think we can all agree that’s a big plus.
What Is The Difference Between I tip and U tip Extensions?
There is only one difference between i-tip hair extensions and u-tip hair extensions.
U-tip extensions utilize heat to apply the hair. I-tips, on the other hand, do not require heat. I-tips are installed using microrings.
Ladies, if you want gorgeous hair without maintenance, then u-tips might be the right hair extensions for you. They will make your hair look stunning and blend seamlessly, so you can enjoy the best hair of your life without the hassle.